Picheuta Bridge

Picheuta Bridge
21 km far from the town of Uspallata, and a few meters far from the highway No. 7, in an area that also includes the characteristic stone ruins belonged to an Inca dairy, we can find the bridge over the river Picheuta. The Picheuta Bridge is a stone and mortar building dating from the colonial period. It has acquired historical significance in February 1817, when it was used by General San Martin as one of the paths to cross the Andes.