Historical Monument of Las Bovedas
Las Bovedas is located 5 Km. from Uspallata. It has been declared as a National Historic Landmark in 1945. Now there are the ruins of buildings, which were former warehouses in Adobe (mud) with stone foundation, used for the processing of minerals, and run by the Jesuits. According to the tradition, the General San Martin has used them for the fusion of weapons for the Army of the Andes. Currently it is open and can be visited as a museum of weapons.